Welcome to the 21st century, at least for a day.

Steve grew up in Cincinnati as a die-hard fan of Sparky’s Big Red Machine. After 25 years living outside of Ohio, mostly in Ann Arbor, he returned to the Queen City in 2004. He has resumed a first-person love affair with the Cincinnati Reds and is a season ticket holder at Great American Ball Park. The only place to find Steve’s thoughts of more than 140 characters is Redleg Nation. Follow his tweets @spmancuso.

• Wow, indeed!. Is this for real? I still don’t think the lineup can afford both Peraza and Hamilton at the same time, but I would be glad to be proven wrong.

1. Perhaps I should change my avatar

2. This can only mean one thing…Brian Price has been following Redleg Nation and has taken some of the collective advice.

3. More likely than Price listening to Redleg Nation (although we could wish) is that he’s listening to his General Manager, aka, his boss.

4. Bryan Price is an alien. Only advanced minds could come up with something like this.

5. Alright!! That’s as good as its going to get!! Now I just hope big Bob hasn’t been paying attention to this Scott Foster guy that went from accountant to NHL goalie last night. He hadn’t played goalie since 06 in college….other then rec leagues. Don’t give Bob any ideas! He’s have Fred from Krogers follow up Homer on the mound today.

6. Now, if we could just get Votto out of the 4th most important lineup spot we could be perfect ish!

7. Shocked that Duvall isn’t starting on opening day. Has to hurt a little.

8. Uh…what happened to Duvall? Would prefer Duvall, Schleber, Winker in the outfield, insert Duvall in the 5 hole, and move everyone down a spot. But, hey, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

9. Oh my word. I’m a couple of best reliever/highest leverage bullpen calls away from passing out.

*Fanning self*

10. For the first time, I actually have some hope that the Reds somewhat get how baseball is being played.
    Winker should play every game and lead off. Duvall is a good bench player and pinch hitter.
    Now, if the Reds would get rid of Gennett and play Senzel every day, then this could be termed a rebuild.

• I’d be good with duvall/shebler platooning in right, winker in left full time.. and Billy in CF (except against big time lefties.. insert Irvin then)

not sure about getting rid of Scooter though…. will he be as good as last year, no… will he provide more than Peraza as a Starter… that’s the question .. and if Senzel can handle SS

• I am all for Senzel at short. It is likely that Gennett will not be on the Reds after this season, why waste time with him? Play those that will be the future.

• Duvall/Schebler RF platoon is perfect for now.

• I’ve read more than one comment on this site from people who are resigned to Scooter Gennett not projecting to be as good this year as he was last year. Why? Did one of you swipe Biff Tannen’s sports book? Was Scooter going to be a journeyman scrub last year before he started clubbing home runs off his head? What evidence is there that there is going to be some tremendous decline in Scooter Gennett’s output?

I don’t get it, Big Dan!

11. I love it! Give Price credit, this is not something that Dusty would have done……not on opening day.

• I’m still in shock that Price would do it. As Steve said above, maybe he’s responding to something from his boss, the GM.

• Not going to happen. Worst yet, if the Reds have a good season they will say “according to my projections I knew it all along”. LOL.

12. Lefty lineup, maybe we can put some runs up on scherzer.

13. I’m so happy to see this that I just sent Redleg Nation a Paypal donation!

14. Wow, I am stunned by this lineup. Winker first and Hamilton last. I love it.

15. I think DW must have stolen the lineup card and filled it out before Price realized it LOLOLOL.

16. Wow…who can we blame no if the Reds don’t win?

• No blame. It’s about putting the best team on the field and in the best position to win. That’s the only way to find out what works and what needs to be improved.

17. Scherzer held righties to .136 last year. Duvall will be back in there vs most righties I think?

18. Nice bat off the bench

19. I hope Duvall’s time comes at Schebler’s expense and not Winker!

20. In Price we trust…?

4:00 can’t get here soon enough!

21. oh my. now i am ready to go

22. Tough righty, so yeah, that’s why Duvall isn’t in there today. But I feel pretty confident that Schebler is going to be a significantly better hitter than Duvall this season.

Anyway, great lineup. Can’t wait for the games to begin!

23. This is very encouraging. If the Reds list, I hope Price doesn’t scrap it and go back to his old ways.

• We all know this one game will not make or break Winker’s season…but it would be in his best interest to go 4-4 today with 2 HR’s, just to validate this lineup.

24. Are pigs flying?

25. Great lineup, love to see Winker and Hamilton batting where they are. Another subtle and nice part of this lineup is that Tucker is hitting 6th and ahead of Peraza instead of the dreaded “catcher hits 8th” routine. Will be interesting to see how lineup changes based on RHP/LHP.

26. But…but….the C.F just HAS to lead off

27. Sure would liked to have seen Revere bat for Billy in the 9th. Oh i forgot he was cut.
    Hard to believe Earvin is considered a better bench alternative than Revere.