A thought for the off-season

I’m sitting here watching a hockey game, the Islanders and the Lightning.

Sheesh. When do pitchers and catchers report?

1. Dave from Louisville says:

Check out Fay’s new blog post. That’s pretty interesting reading.

2. Justin says:

not soon enough

3. GodlyCynic says:

Fay or the Orioles are insane if they don’t think that Votto and Bailey are a good enough return for Bedard. Bedard has an injury history and a clear desire to test free agency, the Orioles should be thrilled if they received such an offer.

4. gmartinz says:

February 1? Or is it February 15?

5. Justin says:

I think it is Feb 16th or something like that

6. Matt Stiers says:

Ok this has been bugging me. I have been going back and forth trying to decide whether or not the reds should pull the trigger on Bedard. Bailey, Votto, and a top prospect is a steep price but we all know you have to give to get. My reservations are the potential of both Votto and Bailey becoming stars and the possible inability to sign Bedard to an extension. Those guys are not worth Bedard if he is only giving us two years of service. Since there are so many ifs and buts with this deal I will stay undecided. With all that being said why are we not going after Lincecum? The giants are deciding on an Alex Rios offer. We can match and better that offer. They obviously need offense and we have an abundance of that. He is younger than Bedard. He is a stud. We will have control of him much longer and the big kicker is that we do not have to get rid of Bailey. Call me crazy but Lincecum is the kid we should be focused on. Not Bedard. Thoughts?

7. GregD says:

I’d be worried about even getting 2 years of service for Bedard, given his injury history. It’s also unrealistic to *expect* him to repeat his 2007 numbers since he’d never pitched like that in the past.

8. Nathan says:

the reds should not make this deal at all, UNLESS they can sign Bedard to a multi-year extension. I understand Bedard’s want to test free agency, he will be entitled to a large payoff. So the only way this trde happens is IF, Bedard comes here with the intention of signing for 4 or more years.

9. Kerm says:

Chad the reason you didn’t enjoy the hockey game is because you are watching the wrong teams. You have to watch the most exciting team in the NHL the Penguins!!

10. Brian says:

You have to watch the most exciting team in the NHL the Penguins!!

Nah, watch the Red Wings, puck possession is king… :mrgreen: though watching Sidney and that crew is also not too bad of a way to spend a couple of hours.

11. Matt Stiers says:

Wow you guys really do need baseball season……..

Comments are closed.