Let’s recap today’s titanic struggle….
W: Ondrusek (1-0)
L: Sanabia (2-2)
– The Reds blew a 2-2 game open with 8 runs in the bottom of the 7th.
– Votto was 3-5 and homered for the second day in a row and hit the ball HARD today. The last two days have been like he threw a switch and started seeing the ball better (or something).
– Choo was 2-2 with a walk and 2 HBP. He also scored twice in the 7th inning. He’s an OBP machine. I have a serious man-crush on this guy.
– SuperTodd was enjoying the day off when called off the bench and, in his second AB, delivered a bases loaded double, driving in 3 runs.
– Paul got the start in LF and contributed 2 hits.
– Bailey didn’t really have his good stuff today, but he gave the Reds 6 innings, allowing only 2 runs.
– Ondrusek threw a VERY IMPRESSIVE 7th, striking out the side. Simon gave them a solid 8th also.
– Parra was bad in the 9th, allowing 4 runs on 4 hits. A decision will have to be made on Tuesday, assuming Marshall is activated, and Parra is making the decision easier.
– I’m tired of the Reds (i.e. Choo) getting plunked with no retaliation. I’m not saying all the time, but if you hit my guy 2X in the same game, I’m having my pitcher knock someone down and the Marlins best player was leading off the next inning after Choo was hit the 2nd time. Dusty’s supposed to be “old school” and I’m surprised he allows this.
– Attendance today was 28,882; but looking around the stands, it seemed like more. But who wants to see the Marlins, I guess.